HAUS MORRISSON HEALTH TESTING
ORTHOPEDIC FOUNDATION FOR ANIMALS (OFA)
All of our breeding stock at Haus Morrisson German Shepherds, are tested health tested per the recommendations of the OFA. Below are the recommended tests. Please note, HM does both the required AND recommended testing.
- Hip Dysplasia - OFA Evaluation
- Elbow Dysplasia - OFA Evaluation
- Temperament Test - Results of GSDCA Temperament test submitted to OFA
- Cardiac Evaluation - (Optional) Congenital Cardiac Exam OR Advanced Cardiac Exam
- Autoimmune Thyroiditis (Optional)
- Eye Examination by a boarded ACVO Ophthalmologist - (Optional)
- Degenerative Myelopathy - (Optional) DNA based DM test results from an approved lab
ZUCHTWERT (HDZW) BREED VALUE ASSESSMENT
The HD ZW Score is an average of both dogs (parents) of a breeding pair. The Breed Value Score (average) is acceptable up to 100. But, a LOWER ZW number is much better in producing healthy hips for for future generations.
The HD ZW average breed value is 100
ZW: 60/79 = Super Healthy Hip Value ZW: 80/89: = Excellent Hip Value ZW: 90/100 = Very Good Hip Value
ZW values of LESS THAN 100 are the most desirable, and mean the dog produces fewer progeny with Hip Dysplasia than the breed average. ZW values of GREATER than 100 means a dog produces Hip Problems more often that the breed average.
As a responsible breeder, we strive in lowering the ZW score for lower values for our current and future generations.